No-Bake Tahini Salted Caramel Slice
The nourishing, but just as oh-so-indulgent, sister of the millionaire shortbread. This plant-based sweet treat is virtually refined sugar free, gluten-free, and is packed with healthy fats, protein, as well and Vitamins B and E which are linked to better brain function, improved energy and skin health.
Makes 6 Slices | Equipment needed: Food Processor + Silicone Moulds
For the Base
½ Cup Almonds (raw, unsalted)
2/3 Cup Medjool Dates (pitted, un-soaked)
Pinch of Sea Salt
For the Filling
2/3 Cup Medjool Dates (pitted, and soaked in boiling water)
3 Heaped TBSP Tahini
For the Topping
50g 70% Dark Chocolate (or darker if you prefer)
Freeze Dried Raspberries (optionl, for sprinkling)
- First of all, pit the dates for the filling and place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to soak and soften while you crack on with the base.
- Place all of the base ingredients into the food processor and blitz until you get a rough crumb that sticks together when you press it together. Press the base ingredients down into the bottom of the silicone moulds, so that it is evenly packed in and all the way into the corners. The depth will be about 0.5cm.
- Drain the soaking dates (holding back a little bit of the water) and add them to food processor with the tahini. Blitz until smooth. If the mixture needs a bit more moisture, then add the date water.
- Spoon the filling on top of the base until just below the top of the mould, then put in the fridge to cool while you move on to the chocolate topping.
- Lick the spoon!
- Place a few inches of boiling water in a saucepan over a low heat. Place a mixing bowl on top of the saucepan and break up the dark chocolate into it. Stir the chocolate regularly until completely melted and silky smooth. Take off the heat.
- Take the silicone moulds out of the fridge and spoon the melted chocolate on top of each square, spreading it gently to encourage even coverage. Optional to sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries (you can get these on amazon) or some sea salt.
- Put on a level surface in the freezer for at least a few hours to completely set. Then pop each one out of the mould and keep in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.