Sweet Cherry Chia Jam
This completely guilt-free, 5-minutes-to-make, chia jam recipe is packed with healthful antioxidants and plant-derived omega 3’s. You can use any frozen berry for this recipe, but we went for cherries for their natural sweetness. Keep in the fridge for up to a week and enjoy on top of your favourite breakfast. We love it with almond butter on toast, yum!
2 Cups Frozen Sweet Cherries (pitted)
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
½ Lemon (juice only)
1 TBSP Maple Syrup (optional, add more or less to taste)
- Place a saucepan over a medium to low heat and add the cherries. Allow the cherries to thaw and heat through for a few minutes.
- Once warmed and bubbling a little, use a potato masher to squash the cherries and release their juice. You can create a smoother or chunkier consistency depending on what you prefer.
- Add the chia seeds and lemon juice and then quite immediately take the saucepan off of the heat.
- Stir everything through and then let it sit for 5 minutes, giving time for the chis seeds to absorb the moisture and thicken up.
- Transfer into a jar or airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.