Sep 20 , 2021
These salty sweet peanut butter cookies have the perfect crunch. Made with only 3 main ingredients, they are also deliciously simple. Crunchy peanut butter, ground almonds and maple syrup come together to make these grain-free, plant-based beauties. A great alternative to your usual processed biccie and, if you're anything like us, MUST be dunked...
150g Crunchy Peanut Butter (we used Meridian brand as it's nice and runny)
150g Ground Almonds
150g Maple Syrup
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
Chopped Peanuts to Garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to Fan 170 degrees.
2. Place the peanut butter and maple syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir regularly until loosened, smooth and combined.
3. Meanwhile mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour warm peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and combine to form a warm, sticky dough. Leave for 10 mins to cool slightly.
5. On a greaseproof-lined baking tray, roll the dough into balls (about a TBSP of mixture to each ball) and space them apart. Press down on each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly into a cookie shape. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if using.
6. Bake for 12 mins in the centre of the oven.
7. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then ENJOY! Store in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.
Let us know how you get on in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!