May 24 , 2021
Inspired by summer days spent in dreamy Byron Bay, Australia, brunching and sipping on flat whites. This macadamia nut mylk recipe is a fuss-free, no-waste recipe packed with prebiotics for gut health, as well as healthy fats for a happy heart.
Equipment: High-powered Blender + (optional) cheese cloth or muslin
½ cup Macadamia Nuts
2 Cups Water
2 TBSP Maple Syrup (or to taste)
Pinch Sea Salt
- Soak the macadamia nuts in cold water for 2-4 hours to soften. They don’t need too long, they’re quick soaking unlike other nuts.
- Drain the macadamia nuts and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender and whizz up for 1-2 minutes until completely combined.
- Optional step here is to pass the mylk through a cheese cloth or muslin for a super refined consistency. I didn’t do this, and found that the consistency was great for coffees, pancake mixes and porridge. (However, it didn’t work so well in black tea, for example).
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!