Jun 04 , 2021
The perfect afternoon pick-me-up. These delicious little bites find just the right balance between sweet and savoury thanks to the moorish combination of dates and tahini. Packed with anti-oxidant rich and heart-healthy cacao, these energy balls offer a chocolatey hit without the guilt!
Makes 12-14 Balls | Equipment: Food Processor
200g Medjool Dates (pitted + soaked
150g Mixed Nuts (of choice)
50g Raw Cacao Powder
3 Heaped TBSP Tahini
NB: I find this recipe easiest to do in two parts, however if you have a super-duper high-powered food processor then you may be fine to do it in one go.
- Firstly, boil the kettle and pour the boiled water over the pitted dates and allow them to soak.
- Then put all of the dry ingredients into the food processor and process into a fine crumb. Place ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the dates and place them into the food processor with the tahini and combine until relatively smooth. This make take a couple of minutes.
- Add the date and tahini mixture to the mixing bowl and combine all of the ingredients together to form a sticky dough-like consistency.
- Sprinkle a large dinner plate with sesame seeds for coating (optional). Then take roughly a TBSP worth of the dough and roll into a small ball, rolling in the sesame seeds to coat the outside.
- Repeat this until all of the mixture is rolled into small balls. Place all of the balls into a freezer bag and place in the freezer for a few hours to set. Either leave in the freezer for up to 2 months, simply taking one out 20-30 minute before eating, or leave in the fridge for up to 3 weeks for a quick and immediate snack.