Jul 13 , 2021
These spiced + crispy cauliflower tacos are the perfect plant-based alternative to introduce to your weekly dinner menu. As always, simplicity is at the core of this recipe, as well as packing in a load of healthful whole foods. Lightly spiced with golden turmeric, this recipe packs an anti-inflammatory punch, and the cauliflower is a great source of fibre and B-viatmins. A real family favourite!
6-8 Soft White Tacos or Mini Wraps
1 Whole Cauliflower
75g Panko Breadcrumbs
2 TSBP Vegan Mayonnaise (we used the Follow Your Heart brand)
1/2 tsp each of Turmeric, Cumin + Smoked Paprika
Salt + Pepper (to taste)
For the Filling
1 Avocado (sliced)
3-4 Small Vine Tomatoes (sliced)
Ice Berg Lettuce (shredded)
1/4 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
Portion of Vegan Tzatziki (shop bought or try our homemade recipe here)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 (fan)
2. Break off the individual florets from the head of cauliflower and place them in a large mixing bowl. I would recommend that you try to make each floret roughly the same in size so that the cooking is even throughout.
3. Add the vegan mayonnaise to the cauliflower and stir in thoroughly, coating the cauliflower.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, turmeric, cumin, smoked paprika, salt + pepper. Once combined, add to the cauliflower and mix well, coating the cauliflower.
5. Place the coated cauliflower in an oven dish or baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake for 40-45 mins, or until golden and crispy.
6. Once cooked, assemble your tacos with slices of avocado, tomato, red onion, lettuce and the spiced cauliflower. Dollop the tzatziki on top + Enjoy!
Please let us know how you get on in the comments below.